Thursday, July 27, 2006

after the madness

we debriefed at Chelsea Piers, each of us pale and rattled, slightly more drunk than we should have been, due to the movement of the piers... i didn't realize until today that they, themselves move.... thought it was just the boats, but nope, the piers move too... most unsettling...
..then a breif stop at the homestead to bathe and redress before all hell broke loose in the form of unbridled karaoke...

...it was the first time ever that i have bourne witness to the darker side of carefree karaoke... the side where angry little people pitch temper tantrums when other people sing their songs....and i pity that tiny man who yelled at us and then proceeded to embark upon a much worse rendition of Cole Porter's Anything Goes, than we had going... it was truly a sad moment for anyone who loves musical theatre... who was mostly me...he clearly had no understanding of the essence of Mr. Porter....

..so we eventually swerved home, with my vigilant hand holding B's so that she didn't wander away entirely... i got to be the boyfriend tonight...she's ALWAYS my boyfriend, but tonight was my night to guide and protect....met a couple of nice boys... nothing to write home about...

but the madness had begun long before i arrived, so i caught the tail end of it...got to do a little singing though, that was fun..,i hope B is intact in the morning, though i'm thinking i'll have to refresh her memory on the bulk of the evening...

and now, in the dark of the night, it's just me, stella marie magee, and chicken little....and buffy...wish i was sleepier...

2 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger R'Enson said...

we were at a karaoke bar?

I kid, but thank you for seeing I got home in one piece. As if you weren't drunk, too.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger R'Enson said...

I think if the dreaded character and fitness committee asked me whether I drank too much the night of the bar, I might have to say that I did, regardless of whether it'd been previously addressed on a blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home